6 Questions to Ask an After-School Program Provider
- What is your system for staff evaluation? What performance metrics are set to ensure a high quality of staff/program?
- What student outcomes have you selected to measure? What program components have you included based on what student goals/outcomes you aim to achieve?
- What is your process for hiring staff? What common traits and skills do you believe make the best after-school instructor?
- Do you strive to have your program align to the school day? If so, how? If not, why do you think your program should remain distinct?
- How have you (or haven’t you) tried to enhance program offerings to keep after-school relevant to students in the 21st century and meet increasing student needs sometimes not met during the school day?
- How have you financed the program? In recent years, has the post-recession financial situation in education threatened program sustainability or resulted in budget cuts?