- Full Time
Closing Date: October 16, 2023
Account Supervisor at Education-focused PR Firm
- 7-9 years PR experience. Bachelor’s degree. Strong written & oral communication skills.
Are you interested in pursuing a career in communications on the national education stage? Are you passionate about helping innovative organizations make a great impact on our nation’s schools? Does an organization with a diverse and high-profile client base that will provide great opportunities for professional growth and good compensation sound appealing? Then read on:
Larson Communications is a growing public relations firm that has developed a reputation as the nation’s premier public education reform communications organization. With team members located across the country, we serve clients nationally as they impact many thousands of children and families.
Our diverse, seasoned team has over eight decades of experience in raising the visibility of impactful education organizations, including some of the most innovative charter school and education reform organizations in the country. We celebrate this cause, our spirit of collaboration, and are looking to bring aboard a self-motivated, highly skilled Account Supervisor as a leader on our team.
As Account Supervisor, your job duties will include:
- Acting as the lead contributor and/or primary contact with clients, continually fostering strong relationships and leading initiatives from strategy to completion.
- Providing strategic counsel and developing the right messaging to help organizations tell their stories to national and regional audiences.
- Finalizing and distributing communications materials to internal and external audiences (e.g. news releases, pitches, fact sheets, talking points, presentations, etc.).
- Mentoring, coaching, and managing the daily work of other team members.
- Working with top-tier media outlets in the education and policy beats, including managing media relationships on our clients’ behalf.
- Engaging in the firm’s new business development process by cultivating individual portfolio of new business and managing the renewal process for current client agreements.
- Staying updated on the latest cutting-edge trends in public relations as well as being an active participant in the education reform movement.
- Serving as ambassador of Larson Communications when networking with clients and professional peers.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 7-9 years of experience in the public relations or public policy arenas with a particular focus on media relations. Direct experience working with journalists is preferred.
- Experience managing client relationships is preferred
- Experience coaching and developing others is preferred
- Direct experience or demonstrated interest working in the education reform space is a plus
- Social media management experience for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Search engine and social media advertising experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing, Business Administration, Public Policy or a related field is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate development and execution of media and broader communications campaigns.
- Strong relationship-building and client management skills.
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver with strong sense of initiative.
- A team player with a collaborative spirit and demonstrated experience in leading team projects.
- Ability to delegate, coach, and support others.
- Growth mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines with an eye for detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, social and digital media tools as well as Meltwater.
Our Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive compensation. The starting salary for this position ranges from $69,000-$108,000. Starting salary will be determined within the posted salary range based on a variety of factors, including the employee’s qualifications, internal organizational equity, and budget. Starting salary will also be aligned to the labor market in which the employee is located.
- Annual performance bonuses, linked to individual and group performance goals
- LC provides generous healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision, mental health) and life insurance coverage.
- 401K plan with generous matching contributions.
- Professional learning and development opportunities.
- Unlimited vacation and sick time.
- Paid parental leave after 12 months of full-time employment.
- Minimum 10 paid company holidays + one week of office closure in December/January
- Supportive and passionate team.
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote. With team members concentrated across several regions; candidates can be based anywhere in the country. LC anticipates that this position may travel roughly 10-20% of the time for in-person team meetings and biannual retreats, conferences and presentations and client engagements.
Send resumes to email@example.com with heading ‘Account Supervisor application for Larson Communications’ along with a cover letter. To be considered, please include the word pineapple in your cover letter. Please no phone calls.
Larson Communications has a values-driven culture. We believe in cultivating a work environment for all that fosters a dedicated, passionate and high-performing team. Our shared values of service, commitment to excellence, integrity, team and passion fuel our work. We strive to have a team that is reflective of our clients and the communities they serve. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds with unique perspectives who can complement our existing team.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org