About the EWA Listservs
If you are a working journalist and an EWA Journalist Member, you are welcome to join either list. After joining, contact EWA, and our membership team will take it from there.
To Be Removed or Change Your Listserv Settings
If you’re already on a listserv and you’d like to be removed or change your settings, follow these listserv instructions.
To Post A Message
Just email your message to the address below. Remember to include a subject and a message in the body.
|For P-12 Listserv
|For Higher Education
To Customize Your Subscription
If you want to change your subscription settings, email any commands to firstname.lastname@example.org (note: this is a different address from posting a message).
Leave the subject line empty and type the command in the body of the message.
For example, if you want to remove yourself from the higher ed listserv, email “email@example.com” with the subject line empty and “signoff highered-L” (without quotes) in the body.
|P-12 Listserv Commands
|Higher Ed Listserv Commands
|Temporarily stop messages from being sent to you
|set ewa-L nomail
|set highered-L nomail
|Restart receiving messages
|set ewa-L mail
|set highered-L mail
|Receive all messages for the day in one email, rather than receiving them separately
|set ewa-L digest
|set highered-L digest
|Permanently leave the list
|Receive an email with a list of commonly used commands
|Receive a list of all commands
The EWA listservs are reserved for education journalists to help one another. The wisdom and generosity of fellow members are invaluable resources for education journalists.
If you’re new to the list, or you don’t read it often, here are a few pointers to keep in mind. We do have a few rules:
- The listservs users and all information exchanged on the listservs are confidential. By joining, you agree never to share, forward or discuss specific or general listserv conversations with anyone not on the EWA listservs. An exception to this rule occurs when a listserv member queries on behalf of a colleague not on the listserv and discloses that information in their post.
- If you do want to use something from the listservs, you must seek permission from the listserv users who commented on the particular subject.
- Be civil and respectful at all times.
- Don’t post anything not suitable for work.
Violation of these common-sense standards will result in immediate removal from listserv, pending EWA staff review.
The following aren’t rules per se, but following these guidelines will ensure the best listserv experience for everyone.
- Mind the reply field. Before responding to a listserv email, be sure it’s going where you intend. Clicking “reply” will typically result in a message addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, which means every subscriber will receive it. If you mean to send your message off-list, be sure it’s instead addressed to an individual recipient.
- If an exchange has gone on for a while and has only a few participants, consider taking it off-list.
- Don’t send unsubscribe requests to the listserv. Send them here instead.