- Full Time
- Brooklyn, New York (Remote)
Closing Date: November 1, 2023
Marketing and Communications Director
Marketing · Brooklyn, New York (Remote)
InnovateEDU is seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Director to support our various projects’ marketing, communications and media relations, and event planning operations. This position has supervisory responsibilities for a team of two. This position is on the InnovateEDU leadership team.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work remotely. Since March 2020, most InnovateEDU staff has worked virtually, and team members are expected to be available during typical office hours in Eastern Standard Time, with some flexibility available.
InnovateEDU catalyzes education transformation by bridging gaps in data, policy, practice, and research to center the needs of the field in accelerating innovation towards an equitable, inclusive and radically different future for all learners.
- Lead, design, and execute successful marketing campaigns for InnovateEDU and projects.
- Lead media relations and media outreach for the InnovateEDU team.
- Evaluate and optimize marketing strategies to reach stakeholders, partners, and customers,
- Oversee the organization’s promotion and advertising efforts to drive interaction with project deliverables and build brand awareness
- Manage the work of the marketing team to ensure they are meeting deadlines and producing high-quality, effective work
Manage MarTech Systems
- Utilize Salesforce and Asana to manage stakeholder progress through each project’s marketing pipeline
- Ensure all project teams have a dedicated Salesforce liaison. Provide coordination, training, and implementation support to ensure wide-scale use throughout the organization
- Program and maintain automation for marketing processes using Salesforce, Asana, and Pardot to increase impact and engagement
- Utilize Pardot for stakeholder outreach and to track audience engagement with programs, products, and services
- Utilize Asana to maximize productivity, keep tasks organized, and automate the intake and output of marketing deliverables
Reports and Management
- Review current marketing and advertising trends to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies. Revise strategies as appropriate
- Prepare quarterly internal marketing forecasts for the organization and projects to identify strategic milestones.
- Compile analytics reports for external and internal audiences by collecting and analyzing marketing data to assess progress toward marketing goals
Content Production and Media Relations
- Uphold webinar standards, including maintaining the development pipeline and speaker/audience interaction.
- Train project leads in hosting capabilities and logistical coordination for an efficient and effective webinar development pipeline.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of public events and programs like convenings, conferences, and other in-person events
- Coordinate with the Events and Communications Associate to represent the organization at various public events
- Lead brand visioning and identity standards for new and existing projects, producing quality visual products in collaboration with the Digital Design Associate
- Oversee the design of graphics, websites, resources, and reports to maintain consistent quality and brand identity across the organization in collaboration with the Digital Design Associate, ensuring that branding standards are maintained
- Optimize website design and text display to increase audience engagement with relevant information
- Identify thought leadership opportunities for project leadership through blogging and external web and print-based journals.
- Coordinate between project leads and Events and Communications Associate on focusing, drafting, and publishing thought leadership content
- Support the production of podcasts, videos, and additional multimedia content and managed the Digital Design Associate through the creation and publication process
Leadership and Strategy
- Identify opportunities for cross-collaboration on marketing deliverables with both internal projects and external partners
- Lead brainstorming sessions with project leads and the marketing team to create effective and impactful marketing content
- Collaborate with project managers and executives to make high-level decisions regarding the budget and direction of the organization
- Establish and maintain mutual communications between the projects within the InnovateEDU portfolio and the overall organizational communications strategy, and business, industry, universities, government agencies, and the general public
- Develop a crisis communications plan and train all staff on relevant crisis response, branding, and communication techniques
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager to maximize effective internal communications to increase organizational engagement with organizational deliverables.
- Lead the development of internal and external marketing and communications strategies in collaboration with the Marketing team and project leads.
- Support the cultivation of professional, distinct, and consistent brand identity for each project and the organization as a whole.
- Strategize the planning and implementing of events, communications, and other multichannel marketing materials to maximize productivity and increase audience engagement.
Who You Are
You are a mission-driven individual and believe in working to close the educational opportunity gap. You are an optimistic problem-solver and believe that together, we can create real solutions that help the entire sector move forward. You are keen to understand different moving pieces of a complex project and willing to use your skills to organize the work for seamless implementation. You are excited to join a growing team working on early-stage products and processes that have long-term impacts on the sector. You like a fast pace, manage many workstreams, and are highly responsive. You have the ability to work independently on tight deadlines. You work is exceptional and you have the ability to manage projects with autonomy.
You are open to feedback, bring your best every day, and are ready to grow in all areas of your work. You want to join a team of folks who share your vision for mission-driven work at the intersection of education, policy, and civil rights.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s in Graphic Design, Visual Art, Media Production, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in Marketing and Communications
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Experience producing graphics for web and print, including social media campaigns
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Experience using website creation platforms, including Squarespace, Wix, and WordPress
- Proven experience designing and laying out resources and multi-page reports
- Demonstrated experience drafting and posting successful social media content on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Creative vision in digital media production and the capability to meet brand identity and standards.
- Experience with media relations including the ability to secure placements in external publications.
- Experience with Salesforce, Asana, Canva, Adobe Suite, Mailchimp and Pardot
- Creative and critical thinking skills with attention to detail and the ability to work quickly with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good professional judgment with messaging for brand alignment
- Ability to collaborate with staff and external stakeholders while accommodating multiple project demands and organizational priorities.
- Ensure compliance with InnovateEDU’s engagement, data sharing, and marketing policies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative and productive relationships among staff and external organizations and funders
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and values, including the commitment to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience or interest in K-12 education preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Consistent with our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement, we strive to address systemic gaps in pay often present in our larger society due to gender, identity, or sexual orientation. All candidates are pay scaled by an independent third-party service or application, which calculates the market rate for the applicant based on skills and qualifications, job duties, market conditions within the location of applicant, education, and experience. This position’s compensation range is $80,000-$105,000 annually. InnovateEDU full-time employees receive paid vacation and sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement, and other benefits.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.