From calls for eliminating community college tuition to plans for allowing all students to leave public colleges debt-free, momentum is building to change the way families pay for college. But what does debt-free really mean, given that not all of the proposals add up the same way? What role will this issue play in the presidential election, and what effect would debt-free options have on private institutions? Is it really economically feasible for the nation to ditch student-loan debt?
- Sandy Baum, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Adam Green, Co-Founder, Progressive Change Campaign Committee
- Terry Hartle, Senior Vice President, American Council on Education
- Jennifer Wang, Policy Director, Young Invincibles
- Danielle Douglas-Gabriel, The Washington Post (Moderator)