In many industries, innovation is the engine that pushes businesses toward success, but colleges and universities haven’t changed much in centuries. What are some universities doing to change the academic experience for students and break down the barriers between departments, for example, making courses in science and engineering more attractive to more students? And how can students use these experiences to solve real-world problems? This session will examine how schools geared to global grand challenges can heighten student engagement, as well as how the growing intersection of digital and on-campus courses can change the student experience.
- Erica Muhl, University of Southern California
- David Neidorf, Deep Springs College
- Sethuraman Panchanathan, Arizona State University
- Kyle Squires, Arizona State University
- Caroline Hendrie, Education Writers Association (moderator)