The political debate about Common Core is ongoing, but other issues are coming to the fore. What are the checks and balances amid the frenzy of products purportedly aligned to the standards? How are states and districts engaging parents? Will colleges accept that high school graduates educated to the standards are college-ready? Our panelists address these and other issues.
- John Engler, Business Roundtable
- Lillian M. Lowery, Maryland State Department of Education
- Michael McShane, American Enterprise Institute
- Randi Weingarten, American Federation of Teachers
- Motoko Rich, The New York Times (moderator)
Recorded Nov. 4, 2013 at EWA’s seminar for reporters, “Common Core at the Crossroads: What Comes Next?”