Republican gains in the 2014 elections set the stage for a renewed push to expand school choice at the state and federal levels, including charter schools, vouchers, and tuition tax credits. What legislation is emerging and what stands the greatest likelihood of becoming law? To what extent will policymakers respond to concerns about quality and accountability in schools of choice?
- Michael Petrilli, Thomas B. Fordham Institute
- David Welker, National Education Association
- Kevin Welner, University of Colorado Boulder
- Todd Ziebarth, National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- Moderator: Andrew Ujifusa, Education Week