Research and Data Sources
- Enrollment Management, Recruiting and Access Research (EMRA Research): Database on where colleges send recruiters.
- National Association for College Admission Counseling’s annual survey of admissions officers.
- Inside Higher Ed’s annual survey of admissions officers.
- The Shape of the River: Important book on the effect of race-conscious admissions.
- No Longer Separate, Not Yet Equal: Groundbreaking study showing the differing average test scores for students of different races at selective colleges.
- The Institute for College Access and Success: Nonprofit group that researches and advocates for public policy that promotes higher ed equity.
- Center for the Analysis of Postsecondary Readiness: Housed at Columbia University’s Teachers College, researches remedial education innovations.
- Center for First-generation Student Success: Housed at the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, researches first-generation student success.
- Independent Education Consultants Association: Nonprofit membership organization for education consultants, including those that specialize in college admissions.
- National Association for College Admission Counseling: Membership organization for college admission counselors.
- Asian American Coalition for Education: Nonprofit anti-affirmative action organization
- Students for Fair Admission: Nonprofit anti-affirmative action organization, led by legal strategist Edward Blum, who has “orchestrated more than two dozen lawsuits challenging affirmative action practices,” according to the New York Times.