Education will never be the same again. Or will it?
COVID-19 disrupted business as usual in the K-12 and postsecondary domains, from the delivery of instruction to testing, parent-teacher conferences, college admissions and financial aid.
To what extent will changes sparked or accelerated by the pandemic have staying power? What are the implications for educational equity?
Several experts tackled these questions and more during a May 4 session at the Education Writers Association’s 2021 National Seminar.
The participants were:
- Daniel Domenech, AASA: The School Superintendents Association
- Joshua Kim, Dartmouth College
- Robin Lake, Center on Reinventing Public Education
- Robert Vela, San Antonio College
- Erica Green, The New York Times (Moderator)